Exterior of the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, Palestine, c.1900-1920
2020-01-30T12:06:04Z (GMT) by
This is a digital reproduction of an image held at the Library of Congress.
This photograph shows the the exterior facade of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and people walking past it in traditional attire. As the church is believed to have been built around the birthplace of Jesus Christ it is a highly visited tourist destination. The church contains the Chapel of the Manger where many wall mosaics survive from the 12th century. The upper church leads to the Catholic Church of St Catherine. This image is a cropped version of the original held at the Library of Congress.
This image exists as part of the Nativity Church collection within the Library of Congress project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.