People crowded outside the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, Palestine, c.1898-1914

This is a digital reproduction of an image held at the Library of Congress.

This photograph shows the exterior facade of the Nativity Church and the courtyard. The people gathered in the courtyard suggest a service has taken place or is starting. The courtyard is where the Christmas Eve service is held, as well as the singing of Christmas carols.

This image exists as part of the Nativity Church collection within the Library of Congress project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.