The Nave of the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, Palestine, c.1898-1946

This is a digital reproduction of an image held at the Library of Congress.

This photograph shows the nave and interior of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. The columns on either side of the nave display faded artworks of saints and religious figures. The nave remains intact from the Byzantine emperor's Justinian's time, yet its roof has been restored several times since.

This image exists as part of the Nativity Church collection within the Library of Congress project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.