The exterior of the Nativity Church, c.1940-1946

This is a digital reproduction of an image held in the Library of Congress.

The image depicts the Nativity Church, looking across Manger Square from the west, showing various people going to and from the church, as well as motor cars parked in the square. The photo shows Manger Square in its previous form before it was widened in the period 1955-66 (under Jordanian rule) by the demolition of the buildings on the southern side of the square (to the right in this picture).

This image exists as part of the Bethlehem People and Places collection within the Library of Congress project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.