German Lutheran Church, Jerusalem
figureposted on 31.05.2019 by Jacob Norris, Leila Sansour, Natalia Garcia
Figures are generally photos, graphs and static images that would be represented in traditional pdf publications.
This item was collected and donated to the Planet Bethlehem Archive by Leila Sansour.
The image portrays how the German Lutheran church at Jerusalem was built to commemorate the visit of Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1898. A total of 6 images depict different parts of the church, for example the Tower and Stone-Lifts. The image was published in 'The Illustrated London News' on 29 October 1898.
This figure exists as part of the Photographs and Prints collection within the Leila Sansour project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.