The Church of the Nativity courtyard, Bethlehem, Palestine, c.1934-1939
figureposted on 30.01.2020, 12:07 by Freja Howat-Maxted, Leila Sansour, Jacob Norris
This is a digital reproduction of an image held at the Library of Congress.
The photograph depicts the courtyard of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. The courtyard is where the Christmas Eve service is held as well as the singing of Christmas carols.
This image exists as part of the Nativity Church collection within the Library of Congress project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.