pb_lsc_ppr_019021217-0011aa.jpg (3.16 MB)

The Convent of Mar Saba on Christmas Eve

Download (3.16 MB)
figure
posted on 31.05.2019, 08:13 by Jacob Norris, Leila Sansour, Natalia Garcia
This item was collected and donated to the Planet Bethlehem Archive by Leila Sansour.

The image shows the Greek Orthodox Convent of Mar Saba, located 20 km east of Bethlehem and built by St. Euthymius in the 5th century. A group of Orthodox priests and monks can be seen approaching the convent. The image was printed in the British weekly illustrated newspaper, The Graphic.

This figure exists as part of the Photographs and Prints collection within the Leila Sansour project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.

History

Contributors

Leila Sansour

Date

17/12/1902

Type

Digital Reproduction

Source

Leila Sansour

Language

English

Spatial

31.7049, 35.3313

Spatial Relation

Mar Saba

Identifier

pb_lsc_ppr_019021217-0011aa.jpg

Rights

Leila Sansour

Licence

Exports

Logo branding

Licence

Exports