Visit by American students to the Frères school, Bethlehem, 1961
figureposted on 30.05.2019 by Freja Howat-Maxted, Leila Sansour, Jacob Norris
Figures are generally photos, graphs and static images that would be represented in traditional pdf publications.
This is a digital reproduction of an image held in the private collection of George Harb.
The image depicts a group of students from the US visiting the Frères school in Bethlehem on 23 April 1961. The school was established in 1893 by the De La Salle Christian Brothers (French religious order) on the site that later became Bethlehem University in 1973. When the university opened, the Collège des Frères relocated to a new building nearby that was designed by George’s brother Samir. Samir Harb went on to become a renowned architect, designing the Casa Nova building in Bethlehem and working for many years in Kuwait.
These images are part of the George Harb Photos collection, within the George Harb project of the Planet Bethlehem Archive.